Definition of St. francis river
1. Noun. A tributary of the Mississippi River that rises in Missouri and flows southeastward through Arkansas.
Group relationships: Ar, Arkansas, Land Of Opportunity, Missouri, Mo, Show Me State
Generic synonyms: River
St. Francis River Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: St. Francis River Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of St. Francis River
Literary usage of St. francis river
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The St. Lawrence River: Historical, Legendary, Picturesque by George Waldo Browne (1905)
"... Peter—Town of St. Francis—st. francis river—An Old-Time War-Trail—Rogers's Raid—The Loyalists—Yamaska—A Vista of Mountains—The Richelieu Valley—Extract ..."
2. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1907)
"... body of non-navigable water и called in the official surveys of the United * States and field notes thereof as the 'sunk lands,' 'St. Francis river ..."
3. The British Dominions in North America, Or, A Topographical and Statistical ...by Joseph Bouchette by Joseph Bouchette (1831)
"ST. FRANCIS, river, in the со. of Beauce, is a small stream in the S. of Vaudreuil ; it turns a corn-mill and runs into the в. Chaudière near the church. ..."
4. History of the Discovery and Settlement of the Valley of the Mississippi, by by John Wesley Monette (1848)
"... last Effort to detach Kentucky in 1796,— Route to Upper Louisiana through the Bayou Barthelemy and st. francis river. [AD 1784. ..."
5. The American Almanac and Repository of Useful Knowledge for the Year edited by Jared Sparks, Francis Bowen, George Partridge Sanger (1861)
"... Brunswick line st. francis river, Hammond's barn, near the mouth of, . NB St. Francis River, Major Graham's Astronomical Station of October 16th, 1842, ..."
6. Transactions of the Canadian Society of Civil Engineers by Canadian Society of Civil Engineers (1903)
"AN ESTIMATE OF THE DISCHARGE OF THE st. francis river. ... The st. francis river has its source in and flows through that hilly portion of the Eastern ..."
7. The American Almanac and Repository of Useful Knowledge (1861)
"... C. E Maine and New Brunswick line st. francis river, Hammond's harn, near the mouth of, . N. B st. francis river, Major Graham's Astronomical Station of ..."