Definition of Stack away
1. Verb. Keep or lay aside for future use. "The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn't eat"
Specialized synonyms: Bin, Computerise, Computerize, Victual, Accumulate, Amass, Collect, Compile, Hoard, Pile Up, Roll Up, Hive
Generic synonyms: Hold On, Keep
Derivative terms: Storage, Store
Stack Away Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stack Away Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stack Away
Literary usage of Stack away
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Exchequer Reports: Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Courts by Edwin Tyrrell Hurlstone, Great Britain Court of Exchequer, John Paxton Norman, Great Britain Court of Exchequer Chamber (1859)
"... Judge asked the jury the following question— " Do you think that Leverton had, at any time after the sale, an opportunity of taking the stack away ? ..."
2. The Upper Canada Law Journal and Municipal and Local Courts' Gazette by William S. Hein & Company (1858)
"L. never paid the price, but the jury found that he had never at any time after the Bale had an opportunity of taking the stack away. //••W. that upon these ..."
3. Magazine of Western History by William W. Williams (1887)
"When you have done this, jerk the bottom of the stack away from the mouth of the well, and the gas will go straight up and the supply going the pipe will be ..."
4. The Legal News by James Kirby (1897)
"At the trial the jury found that the purchaser had not at any ' time an oppor - tunity of taking the stack away, and the judge thereupon directed a verdict ..."
5. The History of the Navy During the Rebellion by Charles Brandon Boynton (1868)
"... and another Monitor shot her emoke-stack away, and all the deep indentations in her armor were made, as the examining board reported, by 11-inch shot. ..."
6. A Tarpaulin Muster by John Masefield (1907)
"So the first thing I saw was a great steamer's smoke-stack away above us. So I sang out, ' Down helium,' and the lad heard me and jammed it down, ..."