Definition of Staff member
1. Noun. An employee who is a member of a staff of workers (especially a member of the staff that works for the President of the United States).
Group relationships: Staff
Geographical relationships: America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Generic synonyms: Employee
Lexicographical Neighbors of Staff Member
Literary usage of Staff member
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Congressional Committees Investigating the Iran/Contra Affair by Lee H. Hamilton, Daniel K. Inouye (1995)
"Funds and Supplies: Information and documents on contacts between any NSC staff member and private individuals or representatives of foreign governments ..."
2. Together We Can: A Guide for Crafting a Profamily System of Education and by Atelia I. Melaville (1993)
"Staff Present: Kevin Talley, Staff Director; Bob Sweet, Professional staff member; Vic Klatt, Education Policy Coordinator; Mark Rodgers, Workforce Policy ..."
3. An Adventure in Applied Science: A History of the International Rice by Robert Flint Chandler (1992)
"The Institute will reimburse the staff member for half of the educational ... In case a staff member sends his children to a school not easily accessible ..."
4. Caregivers of Young Children: Preventing and Responding to Child Maltreatment by Derry Koralek (1995)
"When a parent or staff member files a report of suspected child abuse or ... The accused staff member should refer all questions about the allegation to the ..."
5. Future Forsaken: Abuses Against Children Affected by HIV/AIDS in India by Zama Coursen-Neff (2004)
"The staff member explained: The mother is still strong and wants the girl to go to school. She has filed a case. They are poor. ..."