2. Verb. (third-person singular of stain) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Stains
1. stain [v] - See also: stain
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stains Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stains
Literary usage of Stains
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Introduction to the Study of the Comparative Anatomy of Animals: A by Gilbert Charles Bourne, Arthur Bolles Lee (1900)
"As to Plasma stains.—By a plasma stain is generally meant, rather vaguely, ... Good plasma stains are much wanted. Unfortunately such a thing can hardly be ..."
2. Medical Jurisprudence by Alfred Swaine Taylor (1856)
"If the stains be recent, most persons may be competent to form an opinion; but the physical characters of blood are soon changed, even when the stuff is ..."
3. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (1839)
"If a lady stains her honour, she has only need to swallow one cake, and she's cured at once—for it's poison. If a gentleman KUDU to prove his, ..."
4. Medical Jurisprudence by Alfred Swaine Taylor (1856)
"Examination of Hood-stains.—It might appear at first sight a very easy matter to say whether certain suspected spots or stains on articles of clothing, ..."
5. Medical Jurisprudence by Alfred Swaine Taylor, Edward Hartshorne (1853)
"Examination of blood-stains.—It might appear at first sight a very easy BBS to say whether certain suspected spots or stains on articles of clothing, ..."