Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stanine Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stanine
Literary usage of Stanine
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Content Area Reading: A Heuristic Approach by Anthony V. Manzo, Ula Casale Manzo (1990)
"A stanine (or standard nine) score indicates that a student's raw score is ... For instance, a 10th grader's score of 7th stanine means that his or her raw ..."
2. Teaching Children to Be Literate: A Reflective Approach by Anthony V. Manzo, Ula Casale Manzo (1995)
"Finally, there is the stanine score (or, standard nine). This score indicates the category of scores in which the student's score falls. A stanine score of ..."
3. Literary Disorders: Holistic Diagnosis and Remediation by Ula C. Manzo, Anthony V. Manzo (1993)
"Finally, there is the stanine (or, standard nine) score. This system was devised to get a sense of the band in which a student is operating. ..."
4. Basic Concepts in the Methodology of the Social Sciences by Johann Mouton, H. C. Marais (1988)
"For Level 2 of this variable, the other four gangs were allocated black production supervisors who were rated at stanine 4 or less in other words, ..."
5. Mathematics, Science and Technology Education Programs That Work: A edited by Luna Levinson (1994)
"The Stanford Achievement subscore in science was one stanine higher than the School Ability Index stanine for fourth graders. ..."