Definition of Stephen grover cleveland
1. Noun. 22nd and 24th President of the United States (1837-1908).
Generic synonyms: Chief Executive, President, President Of The United States, United States President
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stephen Grover Cleveland
Literary usage of Stephen grover cleveland
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Columbian Selections: American Patriotism. For Home and School by Henry Beebee Carrington (1892)
"stephen grover cleveland, the twenty-second President of the United States, followed with an Address. EXTRACT FROM PRESIDENT CLEVELAND'S ADDRESS. ..."
2. Campaign of '84: Biographies of James G. Blaine, the Republican Candidate by Thomas Valentine Cooper (1884)
"... NJ March 18, 1837, the day when the child was born, which was named Stephen Grover Cleveland, and who as Grover side of it are cosy and comfortable. ..."
3. The Life and Public Services of Grover Cleveland: With Incidents of His by Frederick Elizur Goodrich (1884)
"This child, the fifth with which the parents had been blessed since their marriage in Baltimore, in 1829, was named stephen grover cleveland, in pleasant ..."
4. Addresses, State Papers and Letters by Grover Cleveland, Albert Ellery Bergh (1908)
"He was christened stephen grover cleveland in honor of the Rev. Stephen Grover, the first occupant of the parsonage at Caldwell, but the name of Stephen was ..."
5. The Golden Treasury of the History, Topography, Literature, Science, Art by James Hunter (1887)
"... there stands yet a little two-story-and-a-half white house with wooden shutters, and there, in the year 1837, was born stephen grover cleveland. ..."
6. The Story of a Page: Thirty Years of Public Service and Public Discussion in by John Langdon Heaton (1913)
"... Not a Cleveland Organ—Mr. Cleveland's Public Tribute to "The World"—Mr. Pulitzer's Insistence Upon Independence. stephen grover cleveland was born in ..."