Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stire Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stire
Literary usage of Stire
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1888)
"... cannot be construed to abridge the power or rieht of the Government to eue. Foster, stire .... stire ..."
2. Cobbett's Complete Collection of State Trials and Proceedings for High ...by William Cobbett, David Jardine by William Cobbett, David Jardine (1820)
"Were you in that stire upon the evening of the 23rd of July ?—I was. Did they stay there f —They did. Which way did you see them go ? ..."
3. Darby's Universal Gazetteer: Or, A New Geographical Dictionary by Richard Brookes, William Darby (1827)
"... and here was anciently a bishop's see, removed with the body of St. Cuthbert, first to Chester le Street, and afterward to Durham. Holts stire ..."
4. Postal Salaries: Hearings, Sixty-sixth Congress, First [second] Session by United States, Congress, Joint Commission on Postal Salaries (1920)
"I must stop selling the $5 or $10 hat and sell a 3-cent money order, and in the meantime my hat customer may pass out and purchase her hat at the next stire ..."
5. Conference Hymns and Tunes: First and Second Books by Thomas Whittemore (1843)
"... by night they sleep, Doth keep them stire ; So the true Shepherd, Christ, our souls doth guide, Safe in his eye, pro-tect-ed by his side. ..."