Definition of Stock-index futures
1. Noun. A futures contract based on a stock index; a bet on the future price of the indexed group of stocks.
Stock-index Futures Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stock-index Futures Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stock-index Futures
Literary usage of Stock-index futures
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. OECD Economics Glossary: English-French = Glossaire de L'économie de L'OCDE by Oecd, SourceOECD (Online service) (2006)
"... sur l'économie mondiale [STA] share price index futures syn. stock index futures contrats à terme sur indice boursier [FIN] Share prices index indice du ..."
2. Making Economic Sense by Murray Newton Rothbard (2006)
"Therefore either computer trading or stock index futures or both, ... Stock index futures are an excellent new way for investors to hedge against stock ..."
3. Securities Markets: Challenges to Harmonizing International Capital by DIANE Publishing Company (1992)
"... stocks in anticipation of a market decline is to protect the value of a portfolio by selling stock index futures or buying stock index put options. ..."
4. Financial Markets for the Rest of Us: An Easy Guide to Money, Bonds, Futures by Robert Vahid Hashemian (2001)
"Yes we did, but in this section I want to cover stock index futures, as they are very relevant to the stock market. Just to quickly brush up, futures, ..."
5. Understanding Opportunities & Risks in Futures Trading by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"For example, assume that in anticipation of rising stock prices you buy one June S&P 500 stock index futures contract at a time when the June index is ..."