Definition of Strays
1. Noun. (plural of stray) ¹
2. Verb. (third-person singular of stray) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Strays
1. stray [v] - See also: stray
Lexicographical Neighbors of Strays
Literary usage of Strays
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Statutes of the Territory of Kansas by Kansas (1857)
"CONCERNING strays. AN ACT to amend an act concerning strays. Be it enacted by the Governor and Legislative Assembly of the Territory of Kansas, ..."
2. The Statutes of Ohio and of the Northwestern Territory, Adopted Or Enacted by Ohio, Salmon Portland Chase, Northwest Territory (1834)
"That the owner or owners of any stray or strays, taken up as afore- Owners may said, on making satisfactory proof of his or their right thereto, ..."
3. The Political Code of the State of New York by David Dudley Field, William Curtis Noyes, Alexander Warfield Bradford, New York (State). (1860)
"Proceedings if strays are not redeemed. 1043. Sale. 1044. Notice of sale. 1045. 1046. Proceeds. 1047. Penalty. 1048. Cities. ..."
4. The Political Code of the State of New York by New York (State)., William Curtis Noyes, Alexander Warfield Bradford, David Dudley Field (1859)
"strays. SECTION 1037. Notice of strays. 1038. Entry of notice. 1039. Book to be open to inspection and search. 1040. Charges for keeping strays. 1041. ..."
5. Radio Telephony by Alfred Norton Goldsmith (1918)
"To begin with, it must be noted that with the modern sensitive receivers (eg, the regenerative vacuum tube receivers), heavy strays do much more damage than ..."
6. Radio Telephony by Alfred Norton Goldsmith (1918)
"We shall now consider some further points in connection with strays and radio telephony. To begin with, it must be noted that with the modern sensitive ..."
7. The Principles of Electric Wave Telegraphy and Telephony by John Ambrose Fleming (1919)
"The interference of the strays is, however, always possible in connection with methods for visibly recording or printing the signals. ..."
8. Acts of the State of Ohio by Ohio, Ohio General Assembly, Ohio Secretary of State (1878)
"If any person or persons, other than those authorized in the first section of this chapter, shall take up any stray or strays, it shall be the duty of any ..."