2. Adjective. Relating to objects or processes that involve parts of a cell ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Subcellular
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Subcellular Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Subcellular
Literary usage of Subcellular
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Neuroscience of Mental Health: A Report on Neuroscience Research edited by Stephen H. Koslow (1997)
"subcellular and Cellular Level: Single Neuron Models Neuroscientists have constructed detailed models of the electrical behavior of individual nerve cells, ..."
2. Health Consequences of Smoking: Nicotine Addiction a Report of the Surgeon by DIANE Publishing Company, C. Everett Koop, M.D. (1995)
"... 14C-nicotine into subcellular fractions (nuclear, mitochondrial, nerve ending, microsomal, soluble) of mouse brain after ip injection of 5 mg/kg (20 (j. ..."
3. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1897)
"Secondaries above have the four outer rows as on primaries, the marginal red row even fainter, two red and one white spot in cell and a white subcellular ..."
4. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"NE levels were significantly higher in lavage fluid not subjected to high-speed centrifugation, reflecting the presence of NE bound to subcellular debris ..."
5. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"By employing the nonlinear effects of short-pulsed, high-intensity lasers, it is possible to disrupt subcellular regions via uncommon physical phenomena, ..."
6. Molecular Neurobiology: Proceedings of the 2nd NIMH Conference by Steven Zalcman (1995)
"The segregation of these two channel subtypes to different subcellular compartments ... Differential subcellular Localization of Neuronal Calcium Channel ..."
7. Reviews in Environmental Health (1998): Toxicological Defense Mechanics edited by Gary E. R. Hook, George W. Lucier (2000)
"As a result hepatic subcellular distribution of Cd is significantly altered, with more Cd bound to MT in the cytosol and a concomitant reduction of Cd in ..."
8. Gene Expression in Field Crops: Bibliography January 1991-November 1992 edited by Janet Saunders, Robert D. Warmbrodt (1995)
"230 NAL Call No: 442.8 Z34 subcellular location and expression level of a chimeric protein consisting of the maize waxy transit peptide and the ..."