Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Subclimax Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Subclimax
Literary usage of Subclimax
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Plant Indicators: The Relation of Plant Communities to Process and Practice by Frederic Edward Clements (1920)
"All of these differences are summed up in the fact that the Andropogon prairie over most of the region is subclimax in character, ie, it will be replaced by ..."
2. Year Book by Carnegie Institution of Washington (1921)
"The grassland concerned is usually subclimax meadow, found in the montane and ... The forest mass or edge is the climax, or sometimes the subclimax, ..."
3. The Plant World by Plant World Association, Wild Flower Preservation Society (U.S.) (1916)
"The line between the subclimax forest and the area dominated by Dryas Drummondii, marked by the low escarpment of the older terrace, is quite distinct. ..."
4. Biodiversity and the Management of the Madrean Archipelago: The Sky Islands edited by Leonard F. DeBano (1999)
"This level of the classification emphasizes actual vegetation. As a working system, it accommodates, but does not stress, both subclimax and ..."
5. The Broad-sclerophyll Vegetation of California: An Ecological Study of the by William Skinner Cooper (1922)
"... in the climax or subclimax. They have been considered at some length in the section dealing with development. A complete list of the forest undergrowth ..."