Definition of Subrogating
1. Verb. (present participle of subrogate) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Subrogating
1. subrogate [v] - See also: subrogate
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Subrogating Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Subrogating
Literary usage of Subrogating
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on the Law of Suretyship and Guarantyby Darius Harlan Pingrey, Howard Clifford Joyce by Darius Harlan Pingrey, Howard Clifford Joyce (1913)
"... subrogation for the benefit of the surety.3' But subrogating a surety on a recognizance to the peculiar remedies which the government enjoys is against ..."
2. Notes on Texas Reports: A Chronological Series of Annotations of the by Walter Malins Rose, Charles Lawrence Thompson, 1875- ed, Charles Lawrence Thompson, Texas Supreme Court, Texas Court of Criminal Appeals (1910)
"839, 53 SW 683, subrogating surety on injunction bond to restrain ... 166, both subrogating one who loans money to satisfy mortgage to lien thereof; ..."
3. The American and English Railroad Cases: A Collection of All Cases in the by Lawrence Lewis, Adelbert Hamilton, John Houston Merrill, William Mark McKinney, James Manford Kerr, John Crawford Thomson (1893)
"... alleging that JP Rus- sell had no authority or power to make the special contract subrogating defendant to said insurance, and alleging custom, etc., ..."
4. Proceedings of the ... Annual Meeting of the Fire Underwriters Association (1881)
"... and even this, though the policy contains a subrogation clause, subrogating the rights of the mortgagee to the company issuing the same. ..."
5. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1915)
"The action of the referee in bankruptcy, approved by the Federal district court and the circuit court of appeals, in subrogating the trustee for the benefit ..."
6. United States Supreme Court Reports by United States Supreme Court, Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, LEXIS Law Publishing (1901)
"164, 37 Atl. 890, 38 LRA 155, sustaining act subrogating railway company paying damages for flre to insured's rights; ..."
7. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1912)
"... thereupon secured a decree In the pending chancery cause subrogating her to all of the rights of the judgment creditors with respect to such Judgment. ..."
8. A History of the Inquisition of Spain by Henry Charles Lea (1906)
"10, 1595, a commission subrogating him to Quiroga, with the same powers, for six months until further letters could be made out. Then, August 1, 1595, ..."