Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Suffari Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Suffari
Literary usage of Suffari
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Macmillan's Magazine by David Masson, John Morley, Mowbray Morris, George Grove (1876)
"\Vith the establishment of the suffari dynasty, Persia became Shia in religion about the commencement of the sixteenth century of our era, and all active ..."
2. My Personal Experiences in Equatorial Africa: As Medical Officer of the Emin by Thomas Heazle Parke (1891)
"It was really prudent to have sent out so large a suffari yesterday, as food is becoming extremely scarce here now. New moon to-night. JAN. 15. ..."
3. An Inquiry Into the Ethnography of Afghanistan by Henry Walter Bellew (1891)
"It lasted for a period of fifty- six years under a succession of five kings, and was succeeded by that of the suffari, established by YACUB BIN LAIS of ..."
4. Heroes of the Dark Continent: And how Stanley Found Emin Pasha. A Complete by James William Buel (1889)
"It was also intended that this place should afford a depot for grain, so that if necessary a " suffari" could come in and leave in a day or two's time fully ..."
5. American Revisions and Additions to the Encyclopaedia Britannica by William Harrison De Puy (1891)
"It was also intended that this place should afford a depot for grain, so that if necessary a ' suffari ' could come in and leave in a day or two's time ..."
6. Notes on Afghánistan and Part of Balúchistán: Geographical, Ethnographical by Henry George Raverty (1880)
"Among the events of the reign of 'Umro, the son of Lais, the suffari or Brazier, who reigned from 265 to 287 H (878 to 900 AD), it is stated that he ..."