¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Sulfonyl
1. a bivalent radical [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sulfonyl Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sulfonyl
Literary usage of Sulfonyl
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1879)
"Sultone II was added to a molar excess of CT to produce the sulfonyl enzyme. Kinetic measurements were made by following the rate of increase in absor- ..."
2. Code of Federal Regulations: Food and Drugs by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"... ethyl)sulfonyl)phenyl)amino)sulfonyl derivatives] (CAS Reg. No. 73049-92-0). (b) Uses and restrictions. (1) The substances listed in paragraph (a) of ..."
3. Dyes Classified by Intermediates: Dyes Tabularly Arranged Under Each by Randolph Norris Shreve, Warren N. Watson, Arthur R. Willis (1922)
"The РОСЬ formed is first distilled off and then the mass cooled, whereupon the p-toluene-sulfonyl chloride crystallizes out ..."
4. Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States: Annotated for Statistical ...edited by Stephen Koplan, Deanna Tanner Okun edited by Stephen Koplan, Deanna Tanner Okun (2006)
"... hydrogen sulfate ester 21635-69-8 Ethanol, 2- (3-Amino phenyl)sulfonyl]- ... -aminophenyl)sulfonyl]-, hydrogen sulfate ester 2494-89-5 Ethanol, ..."