Definition of Summated
1. summate [v] - See also: summate
Lexicographical Neighbors of Summated
Literary usage of Summated
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The conduction of the nervous impulse by Keith Lucas (1917)
"... with greater intervals the strength required becomes weaker and weaker until eventually a summated contraction is produced by a stimulus which would be ..."
2. Metallurgical Calculations by Joseph William Richards (1918)
"0.0342 0.0808 Excess of summated lime.. .. 0.5069 0.4694 The weights of slag ... CaO (difference between amount present and excess of summated lime found). ..."
3. Comparative Electro-physiology: A Physico-physiological Study by Jagadis Chandra Bose (1907)
"... effect and byproducts— Phasic alternation—Alternating fatigue—Rapid fatigue under continuous stimulation — In sub-tonic tissue summated effect of latent ..."
4. Metallurgical Calculations by Joseph William Richards (1910)
"obtained by calculating for each flux available the cost from it of pure net lime, or net summated lime, analogous to the calculation for pure net carbon in ..."