Definition of Summerize
1. Verb. Prepare for summer. "Summerize a house"
Generic synonyms: Fix, Gear Up, Prepare, Ready, Set, Set Up
Derivative terms: Summer
Lexicographical Neighbors of Summerize
Literary usage of Summerize
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Southey's Common-place Book by Robert Southey (1851)
"Excellent roads in England; their disadvantages not obvious. The servants who go to summerize in the country with their 1 This was his early friend, ..."
2. Meister Karl's Sketch-book by Charles Godfrey Leland (1855)
"When married, she will start with her husband to summerize in Heidelberg and Baden Baden, with a slight detour in returning, via the Nile and St. Petersburg ..."
3. Senate Documents, Otherwise Publ. as Public Documents and Executive by United States Congress. Senate (1898)
"To summerize the most urgent needs, they are, a new building for the Preparatory Department, a new Chemical and Physical laboratory, a hall for public ..."
4. The Life and Labors of the Late Rev. William Stevens Balch: With an Outline by H. Slade (1888)
"Let me try and summerize the sermon if I can. The text was I Peter i. : 3-4, " Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to ..."