2. Noun. (computing) A segment of metadata describing the file system on a block device. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Superblock
1. [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Superblock
Literary usage of Superblock
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. National Computer Security Conference Proceedings, 1992: Information Systems by DIANE Publishing Company (1992)
"If addr is nonzero, it specifies the address of a superblock that is written to the root device before the CPU is halted. ..."
2. Building Higher Education-Community Development Corporation Partnerships by Nancy Nye, Richard Schramm (2000)
"The superblock concentrated city services to create a positive physical impact in 1 ... With the positive community policing experience on the superblock, ..."
3. The Backup Book: Disaster Recovery from Desktop to Data Center by Dorian J. Cougias, E. L. Heiberger, Karsten Koop (2003)
"The structure of a partition begins with, or is defined by, the superblock: a data structure that includes information about the file system type (ie, UFS, ..."
4. Architectuurgids Nederland: 1900-2000 = Architectural guide to the by Paul Groenendijk, Piet Vollaard (2006)
"This superblock gets the closest to the heavyweight industrial mien of a port fK» C Sc c • The apartment complex by the Belgian architect Bruno Albert ..."
5. Archiprix 2005: The Best Plans by Dutch Studentsby Henk van der Veen by Henk van der Veen (2005)
"Ook hei bestaande concept van het superblock is in mijn plan vernieuwd. ... The prevailing conception of the superblock is likewise revised in my plan, ..."