Definition of Supraorbital ridge
1. Noun. A ridge on the frontal bone above the eye socket.
Supraorbital Ridge Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Supraorbital Ridge Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Supraorbital Ridge
Literary usage of Supraorbital ridge
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1901)
"On each side, proceeding from above downward, is the supraorbital ridge, ... Beneath the supraorbital ridge is the opening of the orbit, ..."
2. The Encyclopedia of Pure Materia Medica: A Record of the Positive Effects of by Timothy Field Allen (1878)
"Slight tenderness to touch of under surface of right supraorbital ridge (in ... Pain in same spot of supraorbital ridge when head was bent down (11.20 AM, ..."
3. The Geologist by Samuel Joseph Mackie (1862)
"In India, the range of variation offered by the Hill-tribes of Nepal exhibits the supraorbital ridge under a variety of aspects. The low- caste individuals, ..."
4. Anatomy, Descriptive and Applied by Henry Gray (1910)
"On each side, proceeding from above downward, is the supraorbital ridge, ... Beneath the supraorbital ridge is the opening of the orbit, bounded externally ..."
5. A Text-book of Operative Surgery: Covering the Surgical Anatomy and by Warren Stone Bickham (1903)
"supraorbital ridge; supraorbital notch (generally detectable through the skin, at the junction of the inner and middle thirds of the supra- orbital ridge); ..."
6. Anatomy: Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1897)
"Beneath the supraorbital ridge is the opening of the orbit, bounded externally by the orbital ridge of the malar bone; below, by the orbital ridge formed by ..."