Definition of Sweet lemon
1. Noun. Lemon tree having fruit with a somewhat insipid sweetish pulp.
Generic synonyms: Genus Citrus, Citrus Limon, Lemon, Lemon Tree
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sweet Lemon
Literary usage of Sweet lemon
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Citrus Fruits: An Account of the Citrus Fruit Industry, with Special by John Eliot Coit (1915)
"sweet lemon. — This form of citrus is met with only in collections, as there is no market demand for a sweet lemon. It is a question whether this should be ..."
2. The Cultivated Oranges and Lemons, Etc. of India and Ceylon: With Researches by Emanuel Bonavia (1888)
"... or sweet lemon, which moderns universally call ... all mean one, and the same variety, the sweet lemon, and which is mostly called sweet lime. ..."
3. A Practical Treatise on Animal and Vegetable Fats and Oils: Comprising Both by William Theodore Brannt, Karl Schaedler (1896)
"sweet lemon oil is obtained from the rinds of Citrus Lumia, Risso. The oil is obtained especially in Squillace, Calabria, by expressing the rinds of the ..."
4. The Gardeners Dictionary: Containing the Methods of Cultivating and ...by Philip Miller by Philip Miller (1735)
"The sweet lemon. j. LIMON; acris.Ferr.Hefp. ... The common sweet lemon. f. LIMON ; Fyri effigie. Terr. Hej}. The Pcar-ihap'd Lemon. 6. LIMON; Imperialis. ..."
5. The Knickerbocker: Or, New-York Monthly Magazine by Charles Fenno Hoffman, Timothy Flint, Lewis Gaylord Clark, Kinahan Cornwallis, John Holmes Agnew (1842)
"sweet lemon-Hill! I knew thee in thy palmy days; in the rosy spring; in the scorching ... So fare thee well ! sweet Lemon Hill ! Farewell to thy lakes and ..."