Definition of Tailles
1. taille [n] - See also: taille
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tailles Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tailles
Literary usage of Tailles
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Text-book of Coal-mining: For the Use of Colliery Managers and Others by Herbert William Hughes (1904)
"In the system of tailles montantes the stalls are divided into two parts, and the operations of the workmen are carried on more independently of each • Soc. ..."
2. The Continental Legal History Series by Association of American Law Schools (1915)
"761, and on the earlier modes of computation, cf. L. Say, meeting of the Academy, Jan. 6, 1885; Cha- rondas, "(Euvres, II (on the Edict of "tailles"); ..."
3. The History of Statistics, Their Development and Progress in Many Countries by John Koren, American Statistical Association (1918)
"He wrote in 1680, apropos of the tailles, "As that is the matter in which the most abuses can be committed, it is also that to which the most attention has ..."
4. Bulletin (Geological Survey of Western Australia). by Geological Survey of Western Australia (1890)
"En résumé, les tailles faites assez tôt, quand la végétation est terminée ... M. Luizet conseille néanmoins, pour les tailles d'automne, de distancer un peu ..."
5. The Political and Commercial Works of that Celebrated Writer Charles D by Charles Davenant (1771)
"... eny other pay- * ment by patent, taille or bille, or eny other * rering of the feid tailles: and that all the feid ' letters patentes, tailles, billes, ..."
6. The Charters of the Duchy of Lancasterby Lancaster, Eng. (Duchy), Lancaster (England : Duchy)., William Hardy, Great Britain by Lancaster, Eng. (Duchy), Lancaster (England : Duchy)., William Hardy, Great Britain (1845)
"And that all the said letters patentes, tailles, billes, and every of theym, not shewed afore the said xvme afore the said Barons, shuld be voide, ..."