Definition of Tailstocks
1. tailstock [n] - See also: tailstock
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tailstocks Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tailstocks
Literary usage of Tailstocks
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Grinding Machinery by James J. Guest (1915)
"An arc of this radius of length I is bowed an amount 2R °r ^R Whi°h ™ eq"al to ^ ~T~ Work Expansion and Spring tailstocks.—Besides this bowing, the work, ..."
2. Shop and Foundry Practice: Prepared for Students of the International by International Correspondence Schools (1901)
"The headstocks and tailstocks of small lathes are frequently made ready for ... The machined castings for the head- stocks and tailstocks are next sent to ..."
3. Manufacture of Artillery Ammunition by John Herbert Van Deventer, E. A. Suverkrop, Robert Mawson, Fred Herbert Colvin (1917)
"FACE TO CORRECT WEIGHT Machines Used—20-in. engine lathes without tailstocks. Special Tools and Fixtures—Combination chuck A; facing tool B. Gages—The ..."
4. Modern Milling Machines, Their Design, Construction, and Working: A Handbook by Joseph Gregory Horner (1906)
"Most had tailstocks also, but the Root introduced an overhanging arm with movable centre, in place of the tailstocks. Back gears were fitted and compound ..."
5. Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1911)
"36 The tailstocks should be very massive and clamped to the bed by two bolts in the case of the smaller sizes, and three bolts for larger sizes. ..."
6. Jig and Fixture Design: A Treatise Covering the Principles of Jig and by Franklin Day Jones (1920)
"The placing of the set-screws D at different heights is one of the features of the jig; this makes it possible for the jig to take tailstocks of various ..."
7. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1903)
"When the tailstock center is not movable in a vertical plane, as in the case of the tailstocks shown in Figs. 21 and 22, proceed as follows: Set the index ..."