Definition of Tamarindo
1. Noun. Long-lived tropical evergreen tree with a spreading crown and feathery evergreen foliage and fragrant flowers yielding hard yellowish wood and long pods with edible chocolate-colored acidic pulp.
Terms within: Tamarind
Group relationships: Genus Tamarindus, Tamarindus
Generic synonyms: Bean Tree
2. Noun. Large tropical seed pod with very tangy pulp that is eaten fresh or cooked with rice and fish or preserved for curries and chutneys.
Generic synonyms: Edible Fruit
Group relationships: Tamarind, Tamarind Tree, Tamarindus Indica
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tamarindo Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tamarindo
Literary usage of Tamarindo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Costa Rica by Bruce Conord, June Conord (2006)
"Playa tamarindo Partly because of paved roads that lead almost all the way there (plus a local air strip, with service from San Jose) and partly because of ..."
2. Adventure Guide Costa Rica by Bruce Conord, June Conord (2005)
"Pan de Azúcar Beach Liberia Potrero Beach Flamingo Beach Filadelfia Real Beach Playa Grande tamarindo tamarindo Beach Santa Cruz Avellanas Beach to ..."
3. Costa Rica Alive! by Bruce Morris (2002)
"tamarindo BARCELO PLAYA LANGOSTA Near tamarindo Beach « 506-653-0363; fax 506-653-0415 www.barcelo.com $150 The Barcelo has 135 rooms, and was not really ..."
4. Costa Rica Alive! by Bruce Morris (2002)
"tamarindo QJ I BARCELO PLAYA LANGOSTA \ Near tamarindo Beach of •a 506-653-0363; fax 506-653-0415 www.barcelo.com $150 The Barcelo has 135 rooms, ..."
5. Costa Rica by Nelles Verlag Staff, Klaus Boll, Ortrun Egelkraut, Detlev Kirst (1999)
"A mangrove biotope spreads out along the border to Playa tamarindo and there ... From Las Baulas to Ostional Globe trotters discovered Playa tamarindo some ..."