Definition of Tamil nadu
1. Noun. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh); formerly Madras.
Generic synonyms: Province, State
Group relationships: Bharat, India, Republic Of India
Definition of Tamil nadu
1. Proper noun. State in southern India which has Chennai (formerly known as Madras) as its capital. The other cities include Madurai, Tiruchirappalli (Tamil: ????????????????) (Tiruchy), Coimbatore. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Tamil Nadu Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tamil Nadu Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tamil Nadu
Literary usage of Tamil nadu
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Broken People: Caste Violence Against India's "Untouchables" by Smita Narula (1999)
"As has been the case in other states, Dalits in tamil nadu have long suffered from exploitative economic relationships and have frequently been the victims ..."
2. Women in Rice Farming: Proceedings of a Conference on Women in Rice Farming by International Rice Research Institute (1985)
"Table 19.1 shows that in our sample tamil nadu villages, there is considerably less work for women than in most parts of Kerala: no area has work for women ..."
3. Capital (1888)
"SPOTLIGHT ON SOUTH INDIA tamil nadu : Plea for More Power from ... Not being satisfied with the Centre's proposed allocation to tamil nadu from the first ..."
4. Future Forsaken: Abuses Against Children Affected by HIV/AIDS in India by Zama Coursen-Neff (2004)
"tamil nadu's Minister of Education, when asked if he knew of any children being excluded from schools in tamil nadu because they or their parents were ..."
5. HIV/Aids: Usaid and U.N. Response to the Epidemic in the Developing World by Jess T. Ford (1999)
"... 1986-97 19 Figure 2.1: Director of USAID-Supported Health Clinic Discussing 31 HIV/AIDS Prevention Activities, in tamil nadu, India Figure 2.2: HIV/AIDS ..."
6. The Tamils Eighteen Hundred Years Ago by V. Kanakasabhai (1904)
"He was of opinion that Chen tamil nadu ought to have included Pandi Nadu and excluded the Cho!a country or Punal Nadu. ..."
7. Instability in Indian Agriculture in the Context of the New Technology by Shakuntla Mehra (1981)
"deviation of groundnut yield in tamil nadu showed an increase of 67 percent although its mean yield stagnated. All these appear to reflect the play of ..."