Definition of Tandem bicycle
1. Noun. A bicycle with two sets of pedals and two seats.
Tandem Bicycle Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tandem Bicycle Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tandem Bicycle
Literary usage of Tandem bicycle
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Haydn's Dictionary of Dates and Universal Information Relating to All Ages by Joseph Haydn, Benjamin Vincent (1906)
"46 min., tandem bicycle, 1895 ; Dr. FW Wesley,* 4 days 7 hr. ... HH Sansom and E. Oxborrow, 27 nr- 33 min., tandem bicycle, 1894 ; FR Goodwin, 25 h r. ..."
2. Bicycles & Tricycles: An Elementary Treatise on Their Design and by Archibald Sharp (1896)
"tandem bicycle Frames. — 240. Stresses on Tricycle Frames. — 241. The Front-frame. — 242. General Considerations Relating to Design of Frame . ..."
3. Bicycles & Tricycles: An Elementary Treatise on Their Design and by Archibald Sharp (1896)
"Figure 135 shows the ' Rucker' tandem bicycle, made in 1884, one of the first successful tandem bicycles. This consists practically of two ' Ordinary' ..."
4. The Cycle Industry: Its Origin, History and Latest Developments by W. F. Grew (1921)
"There is also the difficulty of storage, as a tandem bicycle is not the most ... The earliest practical forms of tandem bicycle began to appear on the roads ..."
5. The Farmers' Handbook Containing Laws of Ohio Relating to Agriculture and of by Ohio (1901)
"Whoever wrongfully takes any bicycle, tricycle or tandem bicycle from the house or lot of another person, or from any other place where any such bicycle, ..."