Definition of Tanna
1. tana [n -S] - See also: tana
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tanna Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tanna
tanna (current term)
tanned red cells
Literary usage of Tanna
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The South Sea Islanders and the Queensland Labour Trade: A Record of Voyages by William T. Wawn (1893)
"In tanna and its neighbour islands, in parts where the missionaries have not ... HEAD-DRESS OF tanna MAN. '/-iT- On Sandwich I. and the Shepherd Is. a mat ..."
2. John G. Paton, Missionary to the New Hebrides: An Autobiography by John Gibson Paton (1898)
""You were, I dare say, surprised when you heard that we had been sent to Aniwa instead of tanna. It was a blow which Mr. Paton has hardly got over yet, ..."
3. Cannibals & Convicts: Notes of Personal Experiences in the Western Pacific by Vagabond (1886)
"GOOD-BYE TO tanna. IN my diplomatic mission round the coast of tanna I was ... On this blood-stained tanna, where so many massacres of white men had taken ..."
4. A Cyclopedia of Missions: Containing a Comprehensive View of Missionary by Harvey Newcomb (1860)
"Turner and Nisbet, having been appointed to this mission, arrived at tanna on the 30th of June, 1842, and having assembled the principal chiefs, ..."
5. Lomai of Lenakel: A Hero of the New Hebrides : a Fresh Chapter in the by Frank Hume Lyall Paton (1903)
"A pleasant run of ten days brought us to Port Resolution, tanna, ... Natives gathered from all parts of tanna, including our beloved leaders from ..."
6. Fiji and Its Possibilities by Beatrice Ethel Grimshaw (1907)
"CHAPTER XIV HOT TIMES IN tanna Hot Times in tanna—An Island of ... A Council of War— Netik—The Work of British-made Bullets tanna is the southernmost but ..."
7. Jottings During the Cruise of H. M. S. Curac̜oa Among the South Sea Islands by Julius Lucius Brenchley, Curaçoa (Steam frigate) (1873)
"CHAPTER XI. r tanna—NEW HEBRIDES. (AUGUST 10 TO 13.) Uea Harbour—Useless Negotiations with offending Chiefs—Bombardment- Men landed and Property ..."
8. Missions in Western Polynesia: Being Historical Sketches of These Missions by Archibald Wright Murray (1863)
"tanna. "And let us not be weary in well doing : for in due season we shall reap, ... The tanna mission, though dating considerably earlier than that on ..."