Definition of Tax system
1. Noun. A legal system for assessing and collecting taxes.
Tax System Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tax System Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tax System
Literary usage of Tax system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Arena by Harry Houdini Collection (Library of Congress) (1908)
"Should this rate of change from the present tax system to the Single tax system be continued for twenty years, the latter system would, of course, ..."
2. China: Progress and Reform Challenges by (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope (2003)
"Overview of the tax system Since 1994, the Chinese authorities have made some progress in making the tax system more transparent. The value-added tax (VAT) ..."
3. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1920)
"The American tax system.—The American tax system is composed of two elements — the State ... The Federal tax system has also gone through several stages. ..."
4. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1920)
"The American tax system. — The American tax system is composed of two elements — the State ... The Federal tax system has also gone through several stages. ..."
5. The Wayward Welfare State by Roger A. Freeman (1981)
"That sets the nature of the tax system. FIGURES. SOURCES OF GOVERNMENTAL REVENUES IN THE UNITED STATES 1952 and 1978 1952 1978 Soc. Sec. ..."
6. Proceedings of the ... Annual Conference Under the Auspices of the National by National Tax Association (1918)
"But I wish to give you an outline of our Japanese tax system, ... I. BRIEF HISTORY 1st period: A tax system is, of course, a phenomenon of social and ..."