Definition of Territorial division
1. Noun. A district defined for administrative purposes.
Specialized synonyms: Borough, Canton, City, Commune, Country, Land, State, County, County Palatine, Department, Federal District, Reservation, Reserve, School District, Shire, Municipality, Prefecture, Province, State, Town, Township, Ward
Generic synonyms: District, Dominion, Territorial Dominion, Territory
Specialized synonyms: Lower Egypt, Upper Egypt, Khabarovsk
Lexicographical Neighbors of Territorial Division
Literary usage of Territorial division
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Political Essay on the Kingdom of New Spain by Alexander von Humboldt (1811)
"CHAPTER I. Kingdom of Mexico — situation — territorial division — favourable position of mining districts — rivers — lakes — roads, AMONG the colonies ..."
2. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"territorial division of labor, of which international division of labor ... Under the territorial division of labor, one region may prosper and another not. ..."
3. The Imperial Gazetteer of India by Sir William Wilson Hunter (1885)
"... was ceded to the English, and the name, under the new territorial division, was soon abandoned. ..."
4. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1886)
"(For particulars relating to area, territorial division, and population, see " Annual Cyclopaedia" for 1883.) The Bolivian Cónsul-General at New York is ..."