Definition of Test copy
1. Noun. (printing) an impression made to check for errors.
Generic synonyms: Impression, Printing
Specialized synonyms: Galley Proof, Foundry Proof
Category relationships: Printing, Printing Process
Derivative terms: Proof, Proof
Test Copy Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Test Copy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Test Copy
Literary usage of Test copy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Language for Men of Affairs (1920)
"test copy for Consumer's View Special attention has been directed in Chapter XXVI to the necessity of writing copy from the point of view of the consumer. ..."
2. Review of Reviews and World's Work by Albert Shaw (1905)
"Other Advertising Agents will belittle statement because they do not knou' what w about comparative Results from actual test copy, ..."
3. Trade Tests: The Scientific Measurement of Trade Proficiency by James Crosby Chapman, Daisy Rogers Chapman (1921)
"When these instructions have been complied with give to the candidate the loose sheet of test copy and say: "Copy this as rapidly as possible, ..."
4. Commercial Tests and how to Use Them by Sherwin Cody (1919)
"... and do you follow the paper before you without looking on the test copy. Then I will let you go over the paper a second time, silently comparing the ..."
5. Commercial Tests and how to Use Them by Sherwin Cody (1919)
"... capitals, and paragraphs, and do you follow the paper before you without looking on the test copy. Then I will let you go over the paper a second time, ..."