Definition of Tetanilla
1. Noun. Clinical neurological syndrome characterized by muscular twitching and cramps and (when severe) seizures; associated with calcium deficiency (hypoparathyroidism) or vitamin D deficiency or alkalosis.
Generic synonyms: Syndrome
Medical Definition of Tetanilla
1. Synonym: fibrillary myoclonia, tetany. Origin: Mod. L. Dim. Of L. Tetanus (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tetanilla Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tetanilla
Literary usage of Tetanilla
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Studies on functional nervous disorders by Charles Handfield Jones (1870)
"tetanilla. THIS disorder, if I may judge by iny own experience and the records ... Trousseau describes 3 distinct forms of tetanilla, but admits that the ..."
2. Diseases of the Nervous System by John Eastman Wilson (1916)
"tetanilla. DEFINITION. This is a disease characterized by painful cramps of a bilateral type, involving symmetrical muscles, beginning in the extremities, ..."
3. Text-book of the Principles and Practice of Medicine by Charles Hilton Fagge, Philip Henry Pye-Smith (1891)
"tetanilla—Description—Relation to Trismus neonatorum, Laryngismus, and —Singultus—Athetosis, etc.—Scriveners' Palsy, Hammer Palsy, and other Carpo-pedal ..."