Definition of Tetranychid
1. Noun. Web-spinning mite that attacks garden plants and fruit trees.
Generic synonyms: Mite
Group relationships: Family Tetranychidae, Tetranychidae
Specialized synonyms: Panonychus Ulmi, Red Spider, Red Spider Mite
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tetranychid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tetranychid
Literary usage of Tetranychid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Class Book of Economic Entomology: With Special Reference to the Economic by William Lochhead (1919)
"FAMILY tetranychid^; (RED SPIDERS) "Red Spider" (Tetranychus bimaculatus Harvey).—(Consult Bull. 416, US Dep. Agr., 1917; Bull. 79, Mass. ..."
2. Proceedings of the FAO/IRRI Workshop on Judicious and Efficient Use of by International Rice Research Institute (1984)
"tetranychid enemies: their biological characters and the impact of spray practices. Hilgardia 40:331-390. ..."
3. Handbook of Medical Entomology by William Albert Riley, Oskar Augustus Johannsen (1915)
"... (for piercing) tetranychid^E The genus Tetranychus may be distinguished from the other genera occurring in the United States by the following ..."
4. IPM (Integrated Pest Management) and Biological Control of Plant Pests by Jane P. Gates (1994)
"... Laboratory and field effects of chemical fruit thin- ners on tetranychid and predatory mites (Acari) of apple. ..."