Definition of Texas star
1. Noun. Prairie herb with solitary lilac-colored flowers.
2. Noun. Texas annual with coarsely pinnatifid leaves; cultivated for its showy radiate yellow flower heads.
Generic synonyms: Flower
Group relationships: Genus Lindheimera, Lindheimera
Lexicographical Neighbors of Texas Star
Literary usage of Texas star
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Judicial Dictionary, of Words and Phrases Judicially Interpreted, to by Frederick Stroud (1903)
"texas star Flour Mills, 4 Com. Ca. 265). That meaning is not varied in the United States by the statutory provision there that the Manifest is to be of the ..."
2. St. Nicholas by Mary Mapes Dodge (1882)
"It was the first one that I had ever seen alive. 11 was covered with short spines, and was of a handsome violet red. Here it is called the texas star-fish. ..."
3. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1918)
"It was alleged in the plaintiffs' petition that two of the cars of wheat were sold to the texas star Flour Mills Company at a contract price of $1.04. ..."
4. Annual Report by Missouri Division of Mine Inspection, Missouri Bureau of Mines (1900)
"The texas star. The texas star Mining Company is composed of WE Simpson and SW Summers, of St. Louis; ..."