Definition of Thurber
1. Noun. United States humorist and cartoonist who published collections of essays and stories (1894-1961).
Generic synonyms: Cartoonist, Humorist, Humourist
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Thurber Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Thurber
Literary usage of Thurber
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1886)
"Then Cramp filed in the Circuit Court an amended bill, setting forth that the transaction between Wilson and thurber was for ..."
2. Report on the United States and Mexican Boundary Survey: Made Under the by United States Department of the Interior, William Hemsley Emory, Spencer Fullerton Baird, Charles Frederic Girard, Timothy Abbott Conrad, George Engelmann, James Hall, Charles Christopher Parry, Arthur Carl Victor Schott, John Torrey (1858)
"Sonora, in various places, June ; thurber. DESMODIUM WRIGHTII, Gray, Pl . Lindh. 2, p. ... Chihuahua and Sonora ; thurber. Remarkable for its long spur-like ..."
3. New York's Great Industries: Exchange and Commercial Review, Embracing Also by Edwards and Critten, Historical publishing company (1885)
"Pupke, thurber & Co., was formed to carry on the wholesale grocery business. ... A new partnership was formed under the name and style of " thurber, ..."
4. Hearings Before the Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce of the by United States Congress. House. Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, United States 57th Congress, 1st session, 1901-1902. House. [from old catalog] (1902)
"Mr. thurber. Well, yes, sir; I think so. But that change of views has been very largely the result of study. I used to think that the transportation ..."
5. Reports of Cases in Law and Equity in the Supreme Court of the State of New York by Oliver Lorenzo Barbour, New York (State). Supreme Court (1853)
"thurber. Upon the whole I am of the opinion that the judgment of the county ... thurber, MUNGER, and 31 others. It is a general rale that where the owner of ..."
6. Proceedings Before the Committee on Privileges and Elections of the United (1904)
"Mrs. thurber. Something like that. I do not know just the population of it. ... Mrs. thurber. It is twenty years ago. That would make it 1884, would it not ..."