Definition of Thyroid vein
1. Noun. Any of several small veins draining blood from the thyroid area.
Specialized synonyms: Inferior Thyroid Vein, Middle Thyroid Vein, Superior Thyroid Vein
Generic synonyms: Vein, Vena, Venous Blood Vessel
Thyroid Vein Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Thyroid Vein Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Thyroid Vein
Literary usage of Thyroid vein
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1901)
"The superior thyroid vein commences in the substance and on the surface of the ... It occasionally opens into the facial, lingual, or superior thyroid vein. ..."
2. Anatomy, Descriptive and Applied by Henry Gray (1913)
"The Middle thyroid vein (Fig. 634) collects the blood from the lower part ... External carotid artery Superior thyroid artery Superior thyroid vein Middle ..."
3. Thyroid and Thymus by André Crotti (1922)
"Often, however, the superior thyroid vein empties directly into the internal ... The superior thyroid vein is usually a single vessel, constituting a short, ..."
4. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1858)
"This vein receives some laryngeal branches, and occasionally un inferior thyroid vein. Just above the sternum, the two anterior jugular veins communicate by ..."
5. Anatomy: Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1897)
"It occasionally opens into the facial, lingual, or superior thyroid vein. The superior thyroid vein commences in the substance and on the surface of the ..."
6. Thyroid and Thymus by André Crotti (1918)
"The superior thyroid vein terminates generally in the ... The inferior thyroid vein empties into the ..."