Definition of Tipples
1. Noun. (plural of tipple) ¹
2. Verb. (third-person singular of tipple) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Tipples
1. tipple [v] - See also: tipple
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tipples Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tipples
Literary usage of Tipples
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Structural Engineers' Handbook: Data for the Design and Construction of by Milo Smith Ketchum (1918)
"COAL tipples.—The design of a coal tipple depends upon the quality of the ... The best modern practice in the design of coal tipples is to make the head ..."
2. Structural Engineers' Handbook: Data for the Design and Construction of by Milo Smith Ketchum (1914)
"The best modern practice in the design of coal tipples is to make the head frame ... Types of Coal tipples.—Coal tipples may be classed under three types, ..."
3. Coal Mining in Arkansas by Alvin Arthur Steel (1910)
"A great deal might be written upon the subject of the design of tipples, ... In many tipples, some of the timbers are unnecessarily large and solid. ..."
4. The Design of Mine Structures by Milo Smith Ketchum (1912)
"Allowable stresses and other data for the design of coal tipples are given in ... Data for several coal tipples are given in Table XX; for data on costs of ..."
5. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1907)
"TYPES OF tipples 12. General Design.—The general design and construction of a tipple is determined largely by the contour of the ground on which it must be ..."
6. An American Glossary by Richard Hopwood Thornton (1912)
"tipples. Exquisites of their period. Obs. 1805 Some tippee blades stopped lately at the house of a jolly publican [near Wilmington].—Id., Nov. 12, p. 363. ..."
7. Railroad Freight Transportation by Leonor Fresnel Loree (1922)
"Coal tipples.—On many operating divisions a supply of coal must be furnished the engines between terminals. It is good practice in such cases to install a ..."