Definition of Tobago
1. Noun. Island in West Indies.
Generic synonyms: Island
Member holonyms: Tobagonian
Derivative terms: Tobagonian
Definition of Tobago
1. Proper noun. An island of the Caribbean, part of Trinidad and Tobago. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tobago Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tobago
Literary usage of Tobago
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Caribbean by Barbara Ender-Jones (2001)
"TRINIDAD AND tobago FLASHBACK 15th-16th centuries Columbus sights Trinidad on ... 17th-18th centuries The English attempt to settle tobago, but disease and ..."
2. Transatlantic Sketches, Comprising Visits to the Most Interesting Scenes in by James Edward Alexander (1833)
"An excellent character—Ridiculous fears of a tobago proprietor—Ride across the Island. ... Natural productions of tobago.—The currents and Crusoe's cave. ..."
3. The American Coast Pilot: Containing the Courses and Distances Between the by Edmund March Blunt (1822)
"From Barbadoes to the north point of tobago, the distance is 36 leagues; the course by compass is S. 35 leagues, which will bring you about 5 leagues to ..."
4. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington by Biological Society of Washington (1915)
"This island, which lies just off the northeast coast of tobago ... Interest in Little tobago has been enhanced recently by the fact that Birds of Paradise ..."
5. The State of Prisons and of Child-saving Institutions in the Civilized World by Enoch Cobb Wines (1879)
"tobago. THE information embodied in the following paragraphs was received from Lieutenant-Governor Gore, who remarks, at the beginning of his communication, ..."
6. Nature's Strongholds: The World's Great Wildlife Reserves by Laura Riley, William Riley (2005)
"tobago On tobago, blue-crowned mot-mots are always on view, among other spectaculars, at Grafton Wildlife Sanctuary, which stages impressive evening bird ..."
7. Guide to the Materials for American History, to 1783 by Charles McLean Andrews (1912)
"tobago. 1778-1781. Original Correspondence with the Board of Trade. From Gov. Ferguson. ... (Formerly AWI 633, 682 in part; BT tobago 2, in part. ..."