¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Tondo
1. a circular painting [n -DI or -DOS]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tondo Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tondo
Literary usage of Tondo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Luca Della Robbia by Allan Marquand (1914)
"This tondo (Fig. 41) came from the monastery of the Cappuccini, Florence, ... THE CAPPUCCINI tondo. That there is a disparity between the relief and the ..."
2. The Official Records of the Oregon Volunteers in the Spanish War and by Oregon Adjutant-General's Office, W. E. Finzer (1903)
"After reaching the railroad station about two miles north of tondo we relieved the Montana company holding the road, and, awaiting your advance, ..."
3. Landscapes of Sicily by Peter Amann (2001)
"The sandstone cliffs of Cozzo tondo will offer you wide- ranging views. The walk begins at the Rifugio Alpe Cucco (945m/31 ..."
4. The Red-figure Pottery by Sharon Herbert (1977)
"Egg-and-dot border around tondo. Arm of a figure in a long-sleeved, ... tondo bordered by a reserved band with egg and dot between two lines of dilute glaze ..."