¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Towerlike
Lexicographical Neighbors of Towerlike
Literary usage of Towerlike
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Travels and Discoveries in North and Central Africa by Heinrich Barth (1890)
"The whole village is built of clay, with elevated towerlike entrances not ... The houses in this village have not an elevated towerlike shape like those of ..."
2. Persia Past and Present: A Book of Travel and Research, with More Than Two by Abraham Valentine Williams Jackson (1906)
"Not far from the lion and in the southeastern section of the city, there is a towerlike structure which is generally called by the people Burj-i ..."
3. The Outline of History: Being a Plain History of Life and Mankind by Herbert George Wells (1920)
"... asses, sheep, and goats, but no horses; their collections of mud huts grew into towns, and their religion raised up towerlike temple buildings. ..."
4. Ancient Times, a History of the Early World: An Introduction to the Study of by James Henry Breasted (1916)
"This temple-mount was in shape a building tapering upward somewhat like a pyramid. Around the outside of the square towerlike building was a broad steep ..."
5. The Monist by Hegeler Institute (1911)
"... the shepherd's crook in the Buddhist and Catholic churches, the church spires paralleled by the towerlike reliquaries and stupas of the Buddhists, ..."
6. Cyclopedia of Painters and Paintings edited by John Denison Champlin, Charles Callahan Perkins (1887)
"Works : Two Italian Market Scenes, Vienna Museum ; towerlike Buildings with Bridge, Ruins with Bridge and Figures, Buildings on Lake with Figures, ..."