Definition of Tractor trailer
1. Noun. A truck consisting of a tractor and trailer together.
Terms within: Semi, Semitrailer, Trailer
Specialized synonyms: Tandem Trailer
Generic synonyms: Motortruck, Truck
Tractor Trailer Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tractor Trailer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tractor Trailer
Literary usage of Tractor trailer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Joint Report with Comprehensive Plan and Recommendations by William Russell Willcox (1920)
"It is believed that either the tractor-trailer system or the adjustable loop system ... Independent tractor-trailer trains can work to and from any and all ..."
2. Quarterly of the National Fire Protection Association by National Fire Protection Association (1896)
"View of tractor-trailer truck that struck the rear of the LP-Ga> tank truck. ... The contents of the tractor- trailer truck were destroyed by fire. ..."
3. Municipal Government of the City of New York by Abigail Gunn Baker, Abby H. Ware (1916)
"Among them is the tractor- trailer, a motor truck of surprising possibilities. ... This tractor- trailer is among the most modern inventions of street- ..."
4. Daytrips London by Earl Steinbicker (2003)
"A DRIVER'S GLOSSARY Articulated Lorry semi/tractor- trailer Black Spot accident spot Bollard traffic diverter/divider Bonnet car hood Boot trunk of car ..."