Definition of Trash dump
1. Noun. A piece of land where waste materials are dumped.
Specialized synonyms: Eitchen Midden, Kitchen Midden, Midden, Garbage Heap, Junk Heap, Junk Pile, Refuse Heap, Rubbish Heap, Scrapheap, Trash Heap, Trash Pile, Toxic Dumpsite, Toxic Waste Dump, Toxic Waste Site
Generic synonyms: Land Site, Site
Derivative terms: Dump, Dumpy
Trash Dump Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Trash Dump Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Trash Dump
Literary usage of Trash dump
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Defending the Earth: Abuses of Human Rights and the Environment by Human Rights Watch (Organization), Human Rights Watch (Organization, Natural Resources Defense Council (1992)
"After she was fired, a statement was released calling the site a domestic trash dump that contained no industrial waste, she said. ..."
2. Annual Report by Indiana State Board of Health (1907)
"The "basement" is dirty and foul smelling, and resembles a trash dump. Water stands In this bole most of the time, as there is no drain from it. ..."
3. Generation Under Fire: Children and Violence in Colombia by Robin Kirk, Human Rights Watch/Americas (1994)
"Built on the trash dump that once served the city, Moravia is now a rambling neighborhood of brick and concrete houses, fringed by cardboard shacks. ..."
4. Transactions of the Commonwealth Club of California by Commonwealth Club of California (1903)
"... the State Water Pollution Control Board, the many sewer districts, and garbage and trash dump operators bear no particular relations to each other or to ..."
5. Spell & Write, Grade 5 by Christine Hood, Evan-Moor Educational Publishers (2005)
"Mario went to the trash dump with Keri and me. Rewrite each sentence so you are naming yourself. Use the word I or me. The first one has been done ..."