Definition of Treasonist
1. Noun. Someone who betrays his country by committing treason.
Specialized synonyms: Collaborationist, Collaborator, Quisling, Fifth Columnist, Saboteur, Traitress
Generic synonyms: Criminal, Crook, Felon, Malefactor, Outlaw
Specialized synonyms: Arnold, Benedict Arnold
Derivative terms: Traitorous, Treason, Treason, Treason
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Treasonist Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Treasonist
Literary usage of Treasonist
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Letters of Samuel Taylor Coleridge by Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1895)
"I will copy two of the stanzas, which must be peculiarly interesting to you, virtuous high-treasonist, and your friends the democrats. ..."
2. The Dark Charade by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1991)
"Now, tell me who is the traitor and treasonist in the equation of your beloved nation—we who effort to awaken you or those who have betrayed your wondrous ..."
3. Players in the Game: Destiny of Doom by Gyeorgos C. Hatonn (1993)
"However, it changes nothing but is about as bad and painful a thing to say to me as to call him a treasonist and a “knowing” “religious” liar—which, ..."
4. Silent Blood Suckers of the Tangled Webs by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1992)
"The treaty allowing the UN to police speech in the US was first sent to the Senate by treasonist President Jimmy Carter, a Trilateralist, in 1978. ..."
5. Through Darkness Into Light: Endless Cycles of the Divine Plan by Gyeorgos C. Hatonn (1992)
"... do you actually think that you are dealing with a man in Ross Perot who can overthrow this treasonist bunch of criminals? He has already worked too long ..."
6. Programming, Pitfalls and Puppy-Dog Tales by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1993)
"It matters not for if you reclaim the Constitutional Law--no criminal or treasonist is given absolution through such manipulations of other criminals. ..."
7. Unholy Alliance: Priests, Rabbis and Conspirators Within the Temple of Doom by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1992)
"He was without a doubt the most sniveling treasonist of your day and age. He represents the common criminal drug pusher and cover-up artist. ..."