Definition of Trials
1. Noun. (plural of trial) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Trials
1. trial [n] - See also: trial
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Trials Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Trials
Literary usage of Trials
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of Psychology by Granville Stanley Hall, Edward Bradford Titchener (1903)
"20 trials . . . 13 winks. She seemed somewhat more sensitive than usual in ... 20 trials . . 18 winks. 19 winks. The second subject studied was a baby boy. ..."
2. The Bibliographer's Manual of English Literature: Containing an Account of by William Thomas Lowndes (1864)
"SUM trials for High Treason and otter Crimes, for 300 Years pant. ... State trials ; or. a Collection of the no«t interesting trials prior to the Revolution ..."
3. A Treatise on the Action of Ejectment and Concurrent Remedies for the by Martin L. Newell (1892)
"Effect upon Purchasers After Judgment. 29. Statutory Regulations as to Innocent Purchasers. 80. Effect of Granting New trials upon Pending Appeals, etc. 81. ..."
4. Marine Engineers' Handbook by Frank Ward Sterling (1920)
"1433 trials of Machinery 1434 •Dock trials 1435 Contract Acceptance trials 1435 Commissioning, Post Repair and Laying Up trials 1448 CLASSIFICATION ..."
5. The History of England from the Accession of James II. by Thomas Babington Macaulay Macaulay, Samuel Austin Allibone (1878)
"A full report of the proceedings has come down to us, and well deserves to be attentively studied, and to be compared with the reports of other trials which ..."
6. The Cambridge Modern History by John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton Acton, Adolphus William Ward, George Walter Prothero, Ernest Alfred Benians (1909)
"This was followed by two other political trials, resulting from the occurrences of ... The second of the above-named trials, which lasted over ten months, ..."
7. The Social Welfare Forum: Official Proceedings ... Annual Forum by National Conference on Social Welfare, American Social Science Association, Conference of Charities (U.S., Conference of Charities (U.S.), National Conference of Social Work (U.S. (1900)
"EXPERT TESTIMONY IN INSANITY trials. BY HC RUTTER, MD, MANAGER OF THE OHIO HOSPITAL FOR EPILEPTICS. While much has been written upon the subject of expert ..."