Definition of Triatoma
1. Noun. Conenoses.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Genus
Group relationships: Family Reduviidae, Reduviidae
Member holonyms: Big Bedbug, Cone-nosed Bug, Conenose, Conenose Bug, Kissing Bug
Medical Definition of Triatoma
1. A genus of bugs of the subfamily triatominae (reduviidae). Several species are vectors of trypanosoma cruzi. (12 Dec 1998)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Triatoma
Literary usage of Triatoma
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Animal Parasites of Man by Harold Benjamin Fantham, Maximilian Gustav Christian Carl Braun (1916)
"Other carriers may be triatoma infestans and T. sordida. Clinical Features. — The trypanosomiasis of Brazil, produced by T. cruzi and spread by triatoma ..."
2. Animal Parasites and Human Disease by Asa Crawford Chandler (1922)
"A number of other South and Central American species of triatoma have been found to ... triatoma geniculata, which inhabits the burrows of the armadillo and ..."
3. The Animal Parasites of Man by Harold Benjamin Fantham, Maximilian Gustav Christian Carl Braun (1916)
"1-6, forms found in the mid gut of triatoma ; 7 flagellate forms found in ihe posterior part of the gut of triatoma. (After Chagas. ..."
4. Sanitary Entomology; the Entomology of Disease, Hygiene and Sanitation: The by William Dwight Pierce (1921)
"The best discussion in English, with illustrations, of the genus triatoma (Conorhinus) is given by Patton and Cragg. These bugs live on human and mammalian ..."
5. Sanitary entomology: The Entomology of Disease, Hygiene and Sanitation by William Dwight Pierce (1921)
"triatoma sanguisuga (Le Conte) is a native of the United States and is called the Texas bedbug, or the "blood-sucking cone nose." It comes into the houses ..."