¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Trichology
1. [n -GIES]
Medical Definition of Trichology
1. 1. The study of the anatomy, growth, and diseases of the hair. Origin: tricho-+ G. Logos, study Synonym: trichologia. Origin: G. Trichologeo, fr. Tricho-+ lego, to pick out (05 Mar 2000)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Trichology
Literary usage of Trichology
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. New Englander and Yale Review by Edward Royall Tyler, William Lathrop Kingsley, George Park Fisher, Timothy Dwight (1858)
"And here he quotes the unsafe work of Peter A. Browne on " trichology," or the hair in different races of men. Still, all men are of one blood, ..."
2. Family Lyceum by Josiah Holbrook (1854)
"... of the author a work on trichology, by P. К BROWNE, Esq., of Philadelphia, which was referred to a Committee for examination. An Achromatic Microscope ..."
3. The Archaeological Journal by British Archaeological Association (1895)
"Local worthies are not forgotten, and, lastly, there is a chapter on the ethnology,craniology, trichology, odontology, ..."
4. A Pocket medical dictionary: Giving the Pronunciation and Definition of the ...by George Milbry Gould by George Milbry Gould (1920)
"... trik-o-glos'-t-ah. Hair on the tongue. Trichoid, trik'-oid. Resembling hair. trichology, trik-ol'-o-je. The science of the hair. ..."