2. Adjective. Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a region in the United States where three state borders come to a single point. ¹
3. Noun. The area in some regions of the United States where three state borders come to a single point. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Tristate
1. pertaining to an area made up of three adjoining states [adj]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tristate
Literary usage of Tristate
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Wilson's Photographic Magazine (1907)
"The school has set apart the month of June for this purpose, and already most of the photographers who attended the tristate Convention have enrolled. ..."
2. The Michigan Engineer by Michigan Engineering Society (1892)
"New Jersey line, dated 1884 This line was marked by a station rock in Hudson river at one end and the tristate rock on the Delaware river. ..."
3. Biennial Report by Nebraska Roads and Irrigation Dept (1906)
"Scottsbluff, Neb., Chief Eng. tristate Land Co. Green, Wm., '98. Kansas City, Mo., KC Telephone Co. Griggs, CE, EE, '97. Utah, Mining Engineer. ..."
4. Cocaine Use in America: Epidemmiologic and Clinical Perspectives edited by Nicholas J. Kozel, Edgar H. Adams (1996)
"New York: 1983 versus 1984 We have recently completed two separate surveys in the New York tristate area. The first survey was conducted in May 1983 and the ..."