Lexicographical Neighbors of Tropistic
Literary usage of Tropistic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden by New York Botanical Garden (1908)
"CHAPTER XV EFFECTS OF RADIUM RAYS ON tropistic RESPONSE It has already been shown in Chapter II that radioactivity in air and soil is a factor in the normal ..."
2. The Unity of the Organism; Or, The Organismal Conception of Life by William Emerson Ritter (1919)
"Likeness Between tropistic and Higher Psychic Activity An important move, starting from the highest phase of rational mind, has been made toward recognizing ..."
3. Biological Bulletin by Marine Biological Laboratory (Woods Hole, Mass.) (1915)
"(2) Aggregation of spermatozoa may be brought about by tropistic reactions. ... Among other things I pointed out that aggregation as a tropistic phenomenon ..."
4. The System of Animate Nature: The Gifford Lectures Delivered in the by John Arthur Thomson (1920)
"tropistic actions are obligatory in the sense that every creature of the same kind ... The tropistic movements often appear as if they had a very definite ..."
5. The Plant World by Plant World Association, Wild Flower Preservation Society (U.S.), Wild Flower Preservation Society of America (1905)
"The same phenomenon takes place in all tropistic movements so far investigated. ... Furthermore the anti-enzyme produced in phototropic or other tropistic ..."
6. Proceedings of the American Society of Biological Chemists by American Society of Biological Chemists (1907)
"tropistic movements of organisms are due to a unilateral distribution of some ... The failure of the author and of other workers to secure a tropistic ..."
7. Collected Reprints, 1896-1915 by Frank Rattray Lillie (1896)
"(2) Aggregation of spermatozoa may be brought about by tropistic reactions. In my paper on the "Behavior of Spermatozoa," I devoted a great deal of ..."