Definition of Tulostoma
1. Noun. Type genus of the Tulostomaceae.
Generic synonyms: Fungus Genus
Group relationships: Family Tulostomaceae, Family Tulostomataceae, Tulostomaceae, Tulostomataceae
Member holonyms: Stalked Puffball
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tulostoma Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tulostoma
Literary usage of Tulostoma
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. British Fungus-flora: A Classified Text-book of Mycology by George Massee (1892)
"tulostoma. Pers. (emended). (figs. 3, 4, p. 28.) Peridium consisting of two layers, ... tulostoma, Pers., Disp., p. 6; Mass., Mon. Gast., p. ..."
2. Scottish Cryptogamic Flora, Or, Coloured Figures and Descriptions of by Robert Kaye Greville (1828)
"T. stipes nearly glabrous, the orifice of the peridium very short. tulostoma brumale, Pers. Disp. Mct/i. Fung. p. ..."
3. The Natural History of Plants: Their Forms, Growth, Reproduction, and by Anton Kerner von Marilaun (1902)
"Lycoperdon (see fig. 3911) differs from Bovista in having a sterile basal portion, which is sometimes considerably elongated. In tulostoma (fig. ..."
4. The London Journal of Botany by William Jackson Hooker (1842)
"tulostoma pusillum, not. size, b. section, ditto; ... in having a flat fringed, or rather appendiculate orifice, and which may be characterised, tulostoma ..."