¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Tumorlike
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tumorlike Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tumorlike
Literary usage of Tumorlike
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Principles and Practice of Dermatology by William Allen Pusey (1917)
"Treatment.—The lesions are permanent and cannot be removed by treatment. MULTIPLE BENIGN tumorlike NEW GROWTHS » Symptomatology.—Under this name Schweninger ..."
2. The Diseases of Children: A Work for the Practising Physician by Meinhard von Pfaundler, Arthur Schlossmann, Henry Larned Keith Shaw, Linnæus Edford La Fétra, Luther Emmett Holt (1912)
"... brown or yellowish; sometimes brown or sepia brown elevations remain behind, which may be arranged in crests, or in streaks, and represent a tumorlike ..."
3. Monographic Medicine by William Robie Patten Emerson, Guido Guerrini, William Brown, Wendell Christopher Phillips, John Whitridge Williams, John Appleton Swett, Hans Günther, Mario Mariotti, Hugh Grant Rowell (1916)
"In obese women, about middle life, it is very common to find below either the medial malleolus or the lateral malleolus, a lobulated, flat, tumorlike mass. ..."
4. Evolution and Animal Life: An Elementary Discussion of Facts, Processes by David Starr Jordan, Vernon Lyman Kellogg (1907)
"215, C) it is simply a great tumorlike sac, bearing many delicate rootlike suckers which penetrate the body of the crab host and absorb nutriment. ..."
5. Proceedings of the second Pan American scientific congress: Washington, U. S by Glen Levin Swiggett (1917)
"... mechanical factors may cooperate in producing tumors: the efficiency of such a combination in calling forth tumorlike formations has been shown by us in ..."
6. Special pathology and therapeutics of the diseases of domestic animals v. 2 by Ferenc Hutyra (1913)
"The following diseased conditions of the liver cause a similar train of symptoms: carcinoma of the liver in dogs (large tumorlike growths in the liver are ..."