Definition of Tuna fish salad
1. Noun. Salad composed primarily of chopped canned tuna fish.
Tuna Fish Salad Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tuna Fish Salad Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tuna Fish Salad
Literary usage of Tuna fish salad
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Salads, Sandwiches and Chafing Dish Recipes by Marion Harris Neil (1916)
"tuna fish salad i can Tuna fish a tablespoonfuls lemon-juice Shredded lettuce Mayonnaise dressing Salt and red pepper to taste i tablespoonful capers i ..."
2. Better Meals for Less Money by Marietta McPherson Greenough (1917)
"tuna fish salad 1 can tuna fish % cup cooked beet 2 cups cooked potato cubes Salad dressing Lettuce Flake tuna fish, mix with potatoes cut into fine cubes, ..."
3. Recipes for Institutions by Chicago Dietetic Association (1922)
"tuna fish salad 25 servings 5 cans tuna fish 10 hard cooked eggs 5 cups celery cut in pieces 10 medium-sized tomatoes Combine tuna fish and celery. ..."
4. The Business of Being a Housewife: A Manual to Promote Household Efficiency by Armour and Company (1917)
"FISH 19 Sauce Piquante (For Fish) 18 tuna fish salad .... MEATS, SOUPS AND SAUCES Bacon and ... 42 tuna fish salad . 41 VEGETABLES Beef Tongue and Spinach . ..."
5. The Hotel St. Francis Cook Book by Victor Hirtzler (1919)
"tuna fish salad. (Thon marine). This fish can be obtained in cans. Put in salad bowl some sliced lettuce with the tuna on top. Garnish with lettuce leaves ..."
6. The American Home Diet: An Answer to the Ever Present Question : What Shall by Elmer Verner McCollum, Nina Simmonds (1920)
"tuna fish salad. Remove fish from can, pick flakes apart. To 1 cup of fish add l/2 cup of diced celery. Mix with boiled salad dressing. ..."