2. Noun. A device for making tunnels. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Tunneler
1. one that tunnels [n -S] - See also: tunnels
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tunneler
Literary usage of Tunneler
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances by Charles Wareing Endell Bardsley (1901)
"the tunneler,' one who fills casks with wine, &c., from turine, a barrel (v. Skeat on loti). The tunneler used the tunnel, or funnel, ..."
2. A Practical Dictionary of the English and German Languages by Felix Flügel (1874)
"... Trac- tarian, Tractive, Trade - sales, Tuft- hunter, tunneler (labourers at or in a tunnel),Tunneling,Ac. ..."
3. The Jewish Encyclopedia: A Guide to Its Contents, an Aid to Its Use by Joseph Jacobs (1906)
"... tunneler of the Comstock Lode; Emil Berliner (Adler), inventor of the Berliner telephone transmitter; and Edwin Zalinski (Haneman), patentee of the Za- ..."
4. The Magazine of History with Notes and Queries (1914)
"But as soon as the tunnel was ready the injunction of secrecy was removed, and each tunneler told the friends he wanted to get out, and these friends told ..."