2. Noun. A person who is neither a young child nor an adolescent, one of an age in the range of 8 to 12 years old or a similar range. ¹
3. Noun. A person who is in his or her twenties. (Derived from German ''zwanziger.'') ¹
4. Verb. (context: cinematography) To generate intermediate frames in an animated sequence so as to give the appearance of smooth movement ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Tween
1. a child typically of an age eight through twelve [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tween Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tween
tween (current term)
Literary usage of Tween
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report (1886)
"««in Length When Alley be- From 75. feet north of Lyon street, and Ottawa of Court House. thence northwesterly on a curve into said east tween Kent north to ..."
2. Anatomy of the Cat by Jacob Ellsworth Reighard, Herbert Spencer Jennings (1901)
"The dorsoventral plane of junction of 'tween-brain and hemispheres is (as Fig. ... A second peculiarity of the 'tween-brain lies in the thinness of its roof ..."
3. Practical Shipbuilding: A Treatise on the Structural Design and Building of by A. Campbell Holms (1917)
"Formerly, when built frames were generally employed, a reduction in the superabundant strength of the upper 'tween deck portion was easily obtained by ..."